Monday, January 20, 2014

More Miles of Endless Shed Hunting

*This is a post from March 2012 that never posted.*



Hiked another 8 miles today and no sheds. Saw some sweet stuff as usual and got some good exercise but one of these treks has to pay off sometime. I hit up a smaller park I had walked once a year ago and had written off as not great for deer sign. Today I found more hunter sign than deer but did come across a couple decent spots I may try in the late season. There were probably a dozen ancient wooden broken down tree stands in tall oak tress. Its always cool to see sign of hunters from long ago beating down the same paths. I saw about 30 wood ducks a couple owls and countless other waterfowl.





No idea what this is. There were two and some shreds of old leather around so I just figured it was a Giant's roller skate.

No comments:

Post a Comment