Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Game Warden Got Me.

 


Very little to report. I ended up having Monday off of work so I went out at 1pm. I passed two old guys leaving. I talked to one for a second but he hadn't seen anything recently. I saw nothing again and now figure I have to change my strategy. I was hunting that spot based on buck sign, trail cam pics and the fact that I have a tree stand already up. My new strategy involves using the other hunters to push deer to me or find some crazy deertopia safety spot where no one is hunting. I have seen zero deer tracks since opening day so I assume the deer must be hiding somewhere good. I just have to find it. Its tough with so many guys in the woods. There were more trucks in the parking lot at 1pm Monday than opening day Saturday! When I came back in there were three hunters hanging out in the parking lot. They were jerks. None of them acknowledged me even though I was putting my stuff away 3 feet from them. Guess that's what I get for having a Michigan license plate. I heard one guy say "that must be the guy who put up that stand." So I am assuming it was one of those idiots that put a stand up where I wanted to. So far I have been treated pretty crappy by the other hunters I have run into. But, its the same in Michigan on public land so I guess I should be used to it. I'll just keep being my upbeat friendly self and smother them with friendliness.




Had a perfect wind for the first time all year.
Today was my first day at my awesome new job. I got out a little early and decided to drive over to my hunting spot. When I pulled up there was 2 trucks from guys hunting and one Conservation Officer truck. I pulled in and turned around and the officer was waiting for me when I came back. To my surprise it was Rick Laflamme from Northwoods Law a cool show on Animal Planet. I guess it would have to be but it was pretty cool to see a celebrity. I talked to him for a while and he was very cool. He is a super nice guy!

Rick is the guy on the left.

No comments:

Post a Comment