Tuesday, July 5, 2011

I'm Ready!

I got my bow set up at Spot Shooter in Holly, Mi today. Those guys are awesome. They can do anything with a bow and explain every step of the process. I had my Apache rest put on, my G5 peep tied in and a kisser button tied in. Not to mention they checked my draw length. The bow looks sweet and I got to shoot it for the first time. All I need to do is get my Carbon Express Pile Driver arrows cut tomorrow after work and I'm ready to shoot.



I feel like I would be doing everyone a disservice by not reporting my last experience in the Novi Gander Mountain store. I went in to buy two 6 packs of arrows that were on sale and my Apache rest. I could not find anyone to help me. Mind you I was one of three people shopping in the store at 2pm on a weekday. I found a man sweeping who was the ONLY helpful employee but he could not help me but went to find someone who could. After 15 minutes a guy walks up and says "Yeah?" I asked if they had camo Apache rests and he said no and began to walk away. I told him to wait I'll just take the black one. He opened the case and gave me one and left the area. I then went to get the arrows and they only had one box. I wanted two. I looked for someone again and every associate I saw and made eye contact with looked straight to the floor and seriously ran from me. The cashier sent someone back because she did not want to write a rain check and saw that the store should have two boxes in stock. Some guy came back to assure me of what I already knew; they had no more. He then said the company frowns on rain checks and I was out of luck. I would be embarrassed to be the manager of this store. I will not ever be back.
 Anyway, I was unsuccessful as expected for Michigan Bear and Elk. Got my preference points though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment